Friday, July 17
3pm – 8pm
1457 Pine Grove Rd, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487
The start/finish for all ride routes and the end of ride BBQ are at Little Toots Park located 12th and Yampa. The rides start promptly at 7:00 a.m.
- As a participant, you are required to obey all Colorado traffic laws and rules of the road.
- This is not a race; rather it is a self-paced ride. Cut-off times will be strictly enforced. The Finish line officially closes at 6:30 p.m. We will be doing a sweep of the course in addition to helping out our riders who do not make a cut off time.
- ANSI and/or SNELL approved helmets are required for all riders.
- You will need to show your event bib number/bracelet to use the aid stations and at the BBQ. Tickets will be issued for additional meals and guests.
- Please make sure both you and your bike are ready to cover the full distance of this ride.
- Support will be there for emergencies and assistance.
- Please be courteous and leave your private support vehicles in town. We offer support and aid stations, so we can all ride with minimal traffic.
SAG Support and Medical information
Support vehicles will be roaming the routes. Look for the event vehicles in case you need help. An Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) will be riding the Tour de Steamboat route and a second EMT will be in a support vehicle. If you need help at any time, please let our volunteers know at an aid station or on the route via support vehicles. Most routes have good cell service along the entire routes. The gravel routes have service along some of the routes. All riders must be prepared with a GPS. Once entering the gravel portion of this ride off Rabbit Ears Pass, the closest support vehicle will be at Gore Pass. Please call 911 in the event of an emergency.
Aid stations will be stocked with the following items:
- Honey Stinger products
- Skratch Hydration
- Fruit (bananas, watermelon, oranges etc)
- M and M’s
In addition, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches will be available at the top of Gore Pass for the gravel riders.
Please be prepared to complete basic bike maintenance, i.e. change a flat, tighten a bolt etc. A mechanic will be stationed at the top of Gore Pass for 116 and gravel mile riders.
For the entire event, there is very limited street parking. Please park at home or your hotel and ride to the start. Parking is available at the Howelsen Hill parking lot; walk over the core trail bridge to 12th and Yampa. You may also park at the Steamboat Springs Transit Center and ride the bike path to the start.
After the ride
Once you are done with the ride, join us for one heck of a grand finale BBQ party at Little Toots Park. (Additional BBQ tickets are available for purchase for family and friends.) We have plenty of seating, a delicious BBQ dinner, water, locally-brewed beer, and the Eriksen Bike Giveaway. If you signed up for the breakfast, we encourage you to still come back to enjoy the music and raffle at the BBQ.
Our beneficiaries are all local non-profit organizations that will benefit from participants like you. All proceeds will be split equally to our beneficiaries! You can click here to learn more or contribute directly to our beneficiaries.